About Ruby!

About Ruby

Ruby is my dog. She is a girl. I got Ruby on May 18th of this year. We got her from a dog farm called “Branco’s Beagles”. Ruby’s birthday is on April 1st and she is now 8 months old!

Ruby is a full bred 13inch female beagle. She has a white stomach with a mostly dark brown almost black back, with some light brown and white spots. She has long dark ears and beautiful brown eyes. Half of Ruby’s face is white, while the other half is light brown. She also has a long dark tail. She weighs about 10 pounds.

Here are some facts about Ruby! Ruby is the most glutinous dog I know (meaning that she will do everything and anything to get food, especially if she is not allowed to eat it because it is bad for her). Those foods include, chocolate, Lysol wipes (and other things that aren’t edible (like carpet ECT.) Ruby will always get sad when you don’t give her attention and when she has to be put into her kennel when we leave for school in the morning but she gets super excided when we come home and she gets to see us.

There have been a few times when Ruby has gotten hurt badly, but she was ok after everything though but I still hope I doesn’t happen again because I was so scared she wouldn’t be ok but she was. Here are some of the things.

The first thing that happened was 3 day after we got her. We were out side playing with her, my brother, and my sister and my brother tried to pick her up out of the thorns but she squirmed and she fell out of his hands and on to her neck. When she fell on her neck, she tried to howl but couldn’t, she also couldn’t move. Fortunately, everything was fine after a few seconds. The second thing that happened was when we were making diner and she had to go in her kennel. A few minutes before she was put in the kennel, my sister had put a towel on the top of it and thought it would be a good idea because it would be nice and dark so she would sleep. It was a good idea, but that wasn’t the case at all. Ruby happened to jump up to try and get the towel but she ended up getting stuck and hanging by her teeth. I noticed her howling and went to check up on her when I noticed her hanging so I started calling for help. I went to my room because I don’t like to see animals hurt because it breaks my heart, and my sister went to her room crying while my dad helped the dog because she thought it was all her fault that she got hurt. After about 4 hours her jaw wasn’t sore so we gave her some treat and she was ok other than her chipped teeth but those were her baby teeth so its ok because she has her adult ones now. The last thing happened when we came home from school and my baba was wiping down the counter and the Lysol wipes fell but she didn’t notice until she looked down and ruby was eating them. My dad took her to the vet and I was crying because there was a chance she wouldn’t come home. This all happened when I had a friend over who was helping me babysit my sister and her friend so my friend help calm me down and make myself feel better. After a while my dad came Home and she was ok so that made me feel better.

Now let’s get out of the sad stuff, here are some things Ruby likes to do! She loves to eat, sleep, cuddle, go for walks, attack me for no reason, and pee Infront of my door so when I come out, she’s sitting there waiting for me and when I step in it, she runs away because she knows what she did and that she is in trouble.

And lastly, here are some or Ruby’s nicknames! Ru, Ruby Tuesday, and my favourite, Chonckers, Princess, and Angel.

That’s all! I hope you learned a lot about my dog Ruby! I hope to learn more about her as she gets older!

-Kaelynn